The future of the club

Parkway Youth Round Up

Under 11’s

5 - Plymouth Parkway

1 - Plymouth Parkway Colts

Saturday morning would see both of Parkway’s Under 11’s lock horns as the players looked to claim the Parkway bragging rights. It would also be a huge game in terms of points and league placings as both sets of players have enjoyed a fine start to the season.

Parkway Colts, decked out in Grey would enjoy the better of the early exchanges and look the better team for the first 20 minutes. The dominance would see Colts hit the bar and the Parkway keeper pulling of heroics between the sticks to keep his underperforming side in the game.

Good teams, however, find a way and Parkway began to click into gear and with their first attack showed their ruthless side to take the lead. Colts looked to hit back straight away but despite getting into good areas, they couldn’t find a finish, a scenario that will last throughout the game.

Parkway would begin to play their imposing attacking game and found a second before half time and went into the break very much on top. A combination of brilliant patterns of play from Parkway and some miss communication amongst the Colts players would see Parkway add three more goals in the second half but Freddie would find a consolation for Colts as the game finished 5-1

Parkway would take the bragging rights and all three points but both teams would have learnt a lot from this encounter. Along with the Referee and both sets of coaches, comments were made regarding the quality of football on show throughout the game. Despite one side walking away with all three points, the football club were winners after the final whistle sounded.

Under 13’s

7 - Plymouth Parkway

1 - YMCA

This was the first game for Plymouth Parkway since 27th November 2021 as they faced the only team in the league who had taken points off them since the start of the season, when YMCA claimed a point off the Yellows in the reverse fixture.Hunters District Girls and Goals Soccer School would both be in action and looking to close the gap on Parkway and with only 13 players available the management duo decided to change formation and adopt a 3-5-2 formation.

Parkway started well and in the 1st minute Jayden Tranter was knocking on the door with a great shot that hit the crossbar. The game was end-to-end straight from kick-off as both sides looked to find their feet after so long without a game. It would only take 13 minutes for the goal to have its first goal of the game as Tranter hit a sweet right footed shot over the top of the YMCA keeper as the Yellows took the lead. Moment later it was two as Laiton Willsher got on the score sheet as he picked up on a Jayden Tranter pass.

Parkway, now in control would see Jayden Tranter causing problems again as he slotted it past the YMCA keeper for his second of the game, this time with his left foot. Tranter almost found his hat-trick in the 21st minute but his left footed effort narrowly flew over the bar. The game would revert to end-to-end football and with gaps appearing, Parkway would add a third. Orford would first hit the post following good word from Tranter but would make no mistake moments later as his right footed volley hit the net as the youngster wheeled away to celebrate with his teammates as Parkway went into the break four goals to the good.

Saints would come out for the second half looking to find a goal to give them a way back into the match and they looked the better team for the opening 10 minutes of the second half. Their dominance was rewarded as they earnt a penalty which was coolly converted to reduce the arrears. The game would enter a more composed rhythm by both sets players after a frantic pace to the game. Saints would keep looking for a second, but Parkway looked ruthless, and it would be their talisman who would wrap up all three points as Tranter secured his hat-trick and Parkway’s 5th.

The impressive Willsher would add Parkway’s 6th with a wonderful solo run would see the midfielder find the net as he secured his second of the game. Alfie Chambers would find the net late on following a Tranter corner and Parkway’s number 1 Tye Roberts would ensure the game finished 7-1 with a string of superb saves.

Clinical finishing on show would see Parkway claim all three points and secure their first win over Saints who battled well and at times showed the quality they possess throughout their squad. Parkway’s management will have been delighted to get back to winning ways following a 2-month break and will look to continue this as they enter a pivotal part of the season.

Under 13’s

1 - Plymstock

5 - Plymouth Parkway

Parkway returned to action after a long layoff and returned to a 3 – 5 – 2 formation which seems to favour them on large pitches and against good footballing teams.

The Parkway management team were blessed with a full squad to pick from minus Ed Pulley who was under the weather. Plymstock looking to bounce back from the last time the teams played each other started very brightly and demonstrated a superb brand of passing football across their team but with no product.

Archie Scott in the Parkway goal was rarely threatened and acted as a sweeper keeper anytime Plymstock put a ball over the top which has added an extra dimension to the team. Infront of Archie, Plymstock found the back line of Parkway in superb form, Luke settling in the defence alongside Oscar and Oliver. All 3 players covering each other and showing what they are capable of.

Playing as wingbacks Reece and Harry both had solid games, doing as they were asked.

The midfield is getting stronger every game, Jude joined Kings and Lucas in the middle of the park, and they all had great games.

Playing up top Rome and Dennis joined forces, Dennis showing today his best form.

The game was even until 20 mins in when Parkway took the lead, a succession of corners taken by Kings eventually found Dennis who poked home following a goal mouthed scramble.

After 32 mins a similar situation, another great corner from Kings arrived at Dennis Daws feet and from the edge of the area and added Parkway’s second.

The first half was very even but Plymstock’s only chances were 2 free kicks from outside the penalty area which Archie saved comfortably.

Parkway made all 4 changes at half time with Sam, Connor, Reuben and Charlie replacing Harry, Jude, Reece and Luke. All the Substitutes came on and took the game to Plymstock, the next goal was always going to be the important one.

Parkway now on the front foot and Plymstock with no way through the Parkway team found the game killed off in the early part of the 2nd half. Charlie won a great challenge out wide slotting the ball into Kings path, a quick turn and a cross was taken down by Connor who calmly passed into Rome’s feet who dinked the ball over the keeper for 3 nil.

Sam Furlong on at half time started to win challenges all over the park and making passes for Connor and Dennis to run onto, the latter missing a couple of chances.

It wasn’t long before Parkway got the 4th goal, and it was Sam winning another tackle who threaded a weighted pass into Connor who slotted home. 4 nil.

With the game now won, Parkway had a sloppy spell and Plymstock pulled one back from a free kick which wasn’t cleared and stabbed home at close range.

Parkways bounced straight back and Rome threaded Dennis in for his hat-trick and completed the scoring. 5-1 to Parkway. The team welcome Tavistock to Chaucer Way next weekend.