The future of the club

Parkway Youth Round Up


1 - Kelliwick

1 - Parkway

Written by Emma Hermon-Wright.

A depleted team travelled to Kelliwick for another important league fixture. Some decent shots on goal early on, just missed as they appeared rushed and panicked with William and Freddie battling hard to offer them the chances they needed.

As the attack started to settle, Oscar’s strike proved too much for the goalie and gave Parkway the lead 1-0.

After the break, Kelliwick would begin to turn the screw and look for an equaliser as they carved out numerous one-on-one chances with Jack in the Parkway goal keeping his side ahead with a string of fine saves.

Despite tiring in the second half, Parkway would have their chances to make it two with Riley’s effort the pick of the bunch. Kelliwick’s persistence continued, and they would find an equaliser late in the game with a point for both sides a fair result.

Under 13's Colts

12 - Parkway

2 - Tavistock

Plymouth Parkway would put on a footballing masterclass to take home the Devon bragging rights as they hit 12 past Tavistock.

Written by Joe Pulley

For one nil I believe Kingsley Potter cut in from the right and whipped a 20yd strike in off the underside of the cross bar.

Few moments later, Liam Manchip raced down the right-hand side to cross for an arriving Connor Mckee who slotted home from close range. 2nil.

3nil 2 mins later and it was Mckee again running onto a midfield through ball, his first shot rebounding of the keeper and then calmly put home.

By this stage Tavistock keeper had already made a handful of brilliant saves and the woodwork was being rattled. Liam Manchip was next to score with a great finish. 4nil.

Right Centre Back Charlie Mitchell was keen to get on the score sheet and made a great run to offer Potter support from a corner, a quality strike from Mitchell gave the keeper no chance to make it 5 nil at the break.

It was one of the subs to claim the next goal with Sam Furlong hitting one home, arriving onto a cross around the penalty spot. 6 nil.

Oscar Powell another substitute then attacked from the left-hand side beating 3 players before his goal bound shot hit a Tavistock player for 7 nil.

Tavistock never gave up and a 20yd strike from nowhere left goalkeeper Archie Scott standing 7-1.

Furlong was to put a dangerous cross in for number 8 which hit a Tavistock defender ending up in their net. 8-1.

Ed Pulley who usually plays out wide was playing in the unusual role of centre forward and his attacking play got the ninth, outpacing the Tavistock defence and just as he was about to slot it home the keeper beat Pulley to ball only to see it hit one of the Tavistock defenders and rebound into the net. 9-1

Once again with Tavistock still playing their hearts out a great passing move was put past Powell who had swapped keeper duties with Scott. 9-2

Manchip back on for the last 10 mins struck the 10th goal, great feet found himself outside the area and struck the bottom corner. Great finish.

Another change to the outfield line up was Scott who had come out of goal and from midfield he had the confidence to try an audacious strike which lobbed the keeper from 30 yds. 11-2.

Oliver Green who always plays at centre half was now playing up top was to complete the scoring when an over the top through ball by Potter found Green on the move who caught it on the half volley to score a quality finish.

Well played Parkway today.

Under 15's

4 - Parkway

0 - Callington

A 6 pointer for the right reasons as both Parkway and Callington pushing for the title knew that today’s game the winner would edge one step closer to the title.

Written by Mark Berry

In a difficult week where 2 players left and 2 players would be out injured, Parkway would be down to a squad of 13. But from the first whistle Parkway looked focused and ready for the battle.

Parkway started the better of the 2 sides controlling the first 20 mins possession however it was Callington who had the first chance, a freekick wrong footed Harry Westlake whose reflexes kept the ball out. Parkway then attacked Callington down the right wing with Ollie Pascoe crossing to the far post for Dalton Hardy to turn the ball in from 3 yards. First blood Parkway.

30 mins in another long ball almost caught the Parkway defence out but again Harry Westlake came to the rescue with an incredible save onto the post, this was to be Callington last real opportunity of the game.

Parkway started the second half much the same completely dominating a one-dimensional Callington who only wanted to play long balls. And 5 mins into the second half Parkway’s dominance again paid off when Dalton Hardy was brought down in the box.

Jackson Fallon bravely stepped up but for the talented Callington keeper to save the very well struck penalty. With parkway continuing to press and chances seeming to come and go in the 55th minute Parkway got their rewards when dangerous Dalton Hardy breaking down the left and into the box to fire parkway into a 2-goal lead.

On the 60th min parkway made a change bringing Hardie off for Fin Clarke who on his first touch returning the field curled a shot into the top corner to make it 3-0.

With 5 mins left the tireless Shay Millen broke through the middle where again the Callington keeper made a great save, but Fin Clarke was there to poke the ball in from 2 yards 4-0.

Parkway fully deserved of the win and with 4 games remaining the title is now back in their hands.

Under 16's

4 - Parkway

0 - Saltash

Written by Vicky Ware

Parkway met Saltash for a second time in a week after losing to them in last week’s semi-final of the Derrick Cup.

Coming off the back of a midweek victory against YMCA, Parkway were looking for their 9th successive league win with a 100% record so far and a desire to get redemption from last week’s poor performance.

Manager, Martin Bowman, had options of midfielder Billy Eccles availability and set his team up differently to breakdown Saltash’s strong midfield, as shown in last week’s showdown.

The 4-2-3-1 formation instantly showed a more resilient team ethic with any attacks from Saltash being very quickly shut down. Great passages of play from Parkway were evident from all over the park with several attempts on goal was rewarded with the first corner of the game to Parkway.

The first real attempt on goal came from Parkway with a long range shot from Sam Rutter which forced a good save low down from the ‘Ashes keeper. Parkway continued to launch attacks but with very few having successful shots on target.

20 minutes into the first half, a superb Parkway move saw Billy Eccles pass to Sam Rutter on the right side of the field.

As he advanced, he gave an accurate pass to Rio Daley who for the second week running linked up with forward Finley Walker who took it in his stride and slotted a right foot shot past the ‘Ashes keeper to make it 1-0.

Parkway made two substitutions on 30 mins replacing Billy Eccles and Josh Bernard with Mason Elliot and Jack Stevens.

With strength and depth to this Parkway squad, both players came on and for the remainder of the first half continued with the control in the middle with desire, skill and tenacity aiding an increased possession of the ball and some great football being played in patches across all of the pitch.

As the second half commenced, Parkway continued to have more possession, produced better football and started to have an increased grip to the game. A combination of Rhys McShane and Jack Stevens resulted in an on target shot from Jack Stevens which put Parkway 2- 0 up early in the second half.

Despite Saltash picking up the odd loose ball, they were unable to create anything to show concern to the Parkway boys who were rarely troubled.

Rio Daley was rewarded for his continued efforts when midfielder, Marley Krac went on a run from his own half. He dribbled past several players before a cross field pass ended Infront of Rio Daley who shot to finish to make it 3-0.

With the game almost won with almost 80% of the game played, Parkway still continued to play their football with pass and move.

Whilst Parkway were still not fully at their best, they were showing snippets of performances which were evident from earlier in the season.

Saltash came into the game for the final 10 minutes, but it was too late to make any impact. Parkway’s Jack Steven’s got on the score sheet again and this time finishing with his weaker left foot. Shortly after, Jack took a free kick from outside the box which was a pinpoint effort on goal and looked as if he was going to score his third and Parkways 5th but it was matched by a very good save from the ‘Ashes keeper.

Manager, Martin Bowman was very proud of the Parkway boys with the 4-0 win, bouncing back from last week’s defeat.

Parkway Database

Sign Up Now

Join the club.

Become a member of the Plymouth Parkway Football Club database and get access to tickets, match details and promotions first.